Friday, March 18, 2011

It ain't worth nuthin', man


Here I am. It's officially Spring break. Friday night. And I've devoted it to resting and not doing a fuckin' thing.

How's that working out, farmboy?

It's a little difficult because I'm anxious about the trip, about money, about driving. I've become so fuckin' afraid of everything. I'm scared of heights, I'm scared of bridges, I'm apprehensive about driving. Pisses me off. And what if my niece hates it? What if my brother gets mad or something? Who'll be my role model now that my role model is gone?

Uh...say again?

It's a reference to a Paul Simon song.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's all useless worrying. It ain't worth nuthin', man. It's just stupid anxiety. Worthless, that's what it is. I gotta pay it no mind.

That's right. Just ignore it. Don't let it have any power over you or whatever you do.

It's hard.

But it's not impossible, farmboy.

Oh, I know. And I'm gonna do it anyway.

Yes you will.

Fuckin' right, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment