Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Like coffee


I've got the faith of a mustard seed
the Bible tells me so
and I am like a seed myself
all I want to do is grow
all i want to do is grow
and that is what I'll do
I'll see you on the other side
when I break on through

look at us, we humans
we hardly even deserve the name
we build walls between us
when inside we're all the same

So, man, this is what I'm thinking. Like maybe one verse Christianity, one verse Islam and one verse Judaism. Or maybe not. I really don't want it to be preachy, you know? Is this a fuckin' Lifetime TV movie?

I also think I might hate the chorus. But maybe there's an idea there.

So now you're doubting yourself.

No, actually, I'm thinking in this case I'm looking at options. I mean, I might as well finish it, but it's gonna take some fuckin' research. It's gonna take some fuckin' work, man.

It's a very, ah, bookish kinda project, you know? It needs to steep a little, i think, like coffee.

It's good to see you writing, farmboy.

Remember, these ain't finished songs. They're a fuckin' work of progress.

Everything wants to grow.

Good thing, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment