Monday, March 7, 2011

You're a lousy hermit, farmboy


Are you okay, farmboy? We were supposed to talk yesterday...

Fuck, man! I completely fuckin' forgot. I'm really sorry, man.

Oh, that's all right. I just wanted to make sure you're okay.

I'm okay. I've just been tired and I been feeling, uh...separate from other people. Like I'm not connecting with other human beings...

Other human beings?

Yeah. I been...isolated. And it's my own damn fault, you know? I'm too fuckin' tired to go out on a Friday night so I haven't seen my coffeehouse/musician folks in a couple of weeks. And since that's the only friends I have, really...I mean, either I've been seeing co-workers or my brother and his wife and daughter. And they're all good people, you know, but I need...

Friends?

Friends, yeah. (turns serious) I'm a lonely guy, you know?

I know, farmboy.

Fuck, man, I need friends. Fuck, man. Pisses me off.

You're a lousy hermit, farmboy.

Don't I know it.

But, look, aren't we supposed to be discussing the 300 times we've talked?

We can do that later this week. But it sounds like you feeling troubled and I want to help any way I can. Even if the only thing I can do is listen.

Listening is way important, man. It means you're not alone if somebody's listening to you, you know?

I know. I can listen any time you need to talk.

Thanks, man. You don't know how much I appreciate it.

But go see your music friends, okay. That's important.

Well, I'm playing at the coffeehouse Friday.

That's good. Are you practicing?

I'm always practicing.

Good.

Let's talk later this week. Let's talk about the 300 times we've talked.

You've got a deal, farmboy.

Looking forward to it, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment