Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life is good


farmboy, how's your brother?

All the news since the stroke has been encouraging. He's improving, his speech is getting better, his eyesight is getting better. This is so fuckin' scary.

I bet.

Two of my friends have died recently, one from Texas and one from New York. And the one from Texas is from New York.

I got word today that another friend, also in Texas, has decided to forgo treatment and has called hospice and...well, you know...

You can cry when you're with me, farmboy. It's okay to do that.

Thanks,, man. I appreciate it. You know, it feels good to talk about it. I haven't really talked about my feelings about it to anyone, so this feels good.

So, what I know about all this is, like a lot of people, I'm going to have to be strong. I'm not sure that this is such a great time for self-analysis. I need to be there.

Are you and your brother driving to California?

It's not completely set, but I'm betting we do, and I kinda hope we do. All we can offer is support, but...

But what, farmboy?

You know, support is a real good thing. And a lot of times, it's what is needed, you know?

I agree.

Man, I can't wait till summer, when the days are long and you can sleep with the windows open. You can hang out with your friends because you don't have to get up super early for your job. And sometimes cool breezes from the Pacific come inland and life is good, life is good.

It's going to be okay, farmboy.

I know. It's the getting there that suck. Big time.



No comments:

Post a Comment