Friday, November 25, 2011

I ain't never fuckin' satisfied


Fuck, man. I played tonight at the coffeehouse and I forgot the words to a song. Fuckin' memory, man, I don't know. All I know is that it's over with now, and there's no use to dwell on it.

That's right, farmboy, and it's seriously true. You can dwell on matters sometimes.

Yeah, my dad used to tell me I would dwell on things too much. And I did. And I would fight for my right to dwell on things.

I miss my dad.

I know, farmboy. He would have been proud of you.

Those were his last words to me. He said "I'm proud of you."

That's wonderful.

I always wished I could have asked him "Why?" I mean, like tell me specifics, you know. (laughs)
I ain't never fuckin' satisfied.

That's a Steve Earle song, by the way. "I Ain't Never Satisfied." I like me some Steve Earle. I wish I knew him. Him and Jimmie Dale Gilmore.

Why isn't what your father said enough, farmboy?

Oh, it is enough. And I'm very thankful for it.

Speaking of thankful, how was your Thanksgiving?

Good. Quiet. It was just me and my brother and his wife and daughter. Dinner was great. My sister-in-law's a great cook. The turkey was cooked absolutely perfectly. I spent the night. It was very nice, yeah. How was your Thanksgiving, man?

Much like yours. Very low-key, which is exactly how I like it.

I like Thanksgiving. It's good to have a day to be thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment