Friday, November 18, 2011

I won


Friday! Man, I tell you, other than the paycheck I think the best thing about working for a living is the concept of Friday. I got me some take-out Chinese food and marijuana. It's Friday!

What are you going to do this weekend, farmboy?

It's my sister-in-law's birthday Sunday so we're going to do something like go out to breakfast. I'll do some chores and, of course, I'll play music and work on the CD. What I'm thankful for is that I don't have to fuckin' work. I love it when I don't have to work, 'cause then I can do my real job of working on music.

I bet that feels good.

Oh, man, that's the best -- doing what your real work is. For me it's creating music. I lucked out, huh?

You're good at music, farmboy. Don't sell yourself short.

I hope I'm good. I grew up with the idea that music was not something I could do, that it was for other people. I have these sad stories growing up with people informing me that I have no right or ability to make music.

Why would they do that?

Beats me. All I know is that I'm making an album and they're not.

In other words, I won.

Victory is good, farmboy.

Victory is the best when it involves making music...

...Doing what you're supposed to be doing.

Exactly, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment