Friday, November 4, 2011

Myself, I don't want perfect


How are you, man? How's my favorite interviewer doing today?

I'm doing good. What's going on, farmboy?

It's the weekend and I am so fuckin' grateful. It's been a long week, and I kinda hate talkin' about my fuckin' day job.

What do you like talking about?

You know, music. Specifically my upcoming CD.

Oh yeah, that. (both laugh) How is that going?

Solo demos first, man. Make my own little solo thing so I can compare stuff...well, not compare exactly, but...just seeing where I stand. Also for sequence, overall sound, things that will pop up.

So I gotta be rehearsing the songs so that when I record the demos I can just play 'em, you know? Because I know the songs so well. And that only comes from practice.

It's the old cliche: Practice makes perfect.

It's like a headline. Myself, I don't want perfect. I want human. And honest. But with vocals that are on pitch and good rhythm and well-written lyrics and melodies. Plus harmonies and jangling guitars.

The Byrds?

Yeah. And R.E.M.



No comments:

Post a Comment