Sunday, November 13, 2011

I am seriously blessed


So remember the beginning of a song I showed you yesterday?

"Hobo Jungle." I liked that. I want to see where it will go.

Man, I tell you, what a tough song. I have no clear idea of where I want to go with this. I mean, I'm just fuckin' clueless, man. I don't know if I have anything to say.

Just keep going back to it, farmboy. But don't force it.

I know what you mean about forcing it. That's the hard part -- working on it without forcing it, or giving it a forced ending. Anyhow, that's where that's at. It's all a fuckin' learning experience, you know. It's such a weird process. this songwriting stuff.

It's interesting to see you going through the process. I had no idea how complicated songwriting is.

I think any creative outlet is. Other things too. I'm sure the process baseball players have to go through is fascinating, you know.

Anyway, that's what I do. I get to be a creative person in this life. I get to be an artist. I am seriously blessed. But it's still hard work.

But it's work you like.

It's work I have to do. It's like it's in my DNA or something.



No comments:

Post a Comment