Sunday, November 6, 2011

In the name of self-discovery


farmboy, that last piece you wrote...that intrigues me. Where will you be going with it?

I honestly don't know, man. I'm really pleased that you like it, though.

I think I will follow through on writing it, you know, see it to completion. Just in the name of self-discovery, you know? I guess all writing should be like that, in a way. I don't know, man. I'm fuckin' stoned.

(laughs) I knew it! You always think self-discovery when you're stoned. Or at least that's what I hear. Just add a little silliness...

(laughs) You talk as if that's a bad thing.

I don't mean it that way, farmboy. Let me ask you: Is one of the reasons you smoke marijuana its ability to help you dream and take yourself seriously?

Yeah. There's all sorts of reasons and many of them are downright positive, believe it or not.

I believe it.

Marijuana is worth it just for the musical benefits, I think. There's a reason all those jazz musicians back in the day smoked it. Louis Armstrong smoked weed, you know?

And speaking of Louis Armstrong, I realized the other day that I can recognize him by his playing, his instrumental ability. That makes me happy.

It should. Louis Armstrong is quite a reason to be happy.

You got that right, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment