Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend


Not much to report today. I went shopping and spent too much money.

What did you buy, farmboy? Anything fun?

I bought groceries, and it's fun to buy groceries if I have the money. I hadn't really bought real groceries for a while, so I spent a bunch of money. I bought fruit, salsa, stuff for Thanksgiving, you know -- cranberries, canned pumpkin, walnuts. Thanksgiving's on Thursday and then I perform at the coffeehouse Friday, which I haven't done for a long time. It's gonna be a good Thanksgiving weekend.

Good for you. You're good at performing and I know you enjoy it if you get to relax enough.

I do. On the rare occasion that my fuckin' nerves don't take control, I totally love performing. Especially if the fuckin carpel-tunnel shit isn't taking hold. I think nerves add to the carpel-tunnel, you know?

So I perform Friday, which is good 'cause I ain't going to work that day. I'll be rested up and practised and ready to go.

And Thanksgiving's on Thursday...

Yeah. What are you doing, man? You're invited to join me and my brother and his family if you want.

Thanks, farmboy, but I'll be spending it with my family. But hopefully we can talk on that day.

You got it, man.

So you're spending Thanksgiving at your brother's.

It'll be fun. My niece and I are going to make pumpkin pudding, which is just canned pumpkin mixed with vanilla pudding. That's what the two of us do for Thanksgiving. She's five years old and it's fun for both of us I think.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm working late on Monday and Tuesday so I can take off Wednesday. It will be really nice to have five days off. Thanksgiving's gonna be real laid back, you know. Which I like.

Sounds great, farmboy.

Yeah, it does, doesn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment