Friday, February 24, 2012

Fighting the good fight


So are you ready for your recording session tomorrow, farmboy?

As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose. It's probably a good time for it -- I'm getting pretty tired of rehearsing these songs. Not that I'll be finished with rehearsing. But I'll be able to have things be not so intense.

What do you have left to do?

Well, I have to write out the lyrics for three more songs and change guitar strings. And I'd like to practice before going in the studio. I'd like to be warmed up.

Man, I take this stuff pretty fuckin' seriously, don't I?

It's important to you, farmboy. You've worked hard for this.

Yeah, but recording is like fighting the good fight. I'm glad to be able to do the work involved in making a CD.

I'm a little nervous, which is okay. It's natural, I suppose, because I haven't been in a studio to record my own stuff in, say, eight years or so. I'm making this as simple as possible. Just me and a guitar, me and the engineer, you know?

I wish you the best of luck, farmboy. Have a good time.

Thanks. I'm going to.



No comments:

Post a Comment