Friday, February 10, 2012

Maybe it's a Zen thing


The weekend is here! The weekend is here!

Excited, are you, farmboy?

More just relieved, like I can fuckin' relax, you know? I've been looking forward to it.

How's the CD coming?

I finally go into the studio to record the demos on Saturday, February 25. I've been rehearsing, thinking about arrangements and stuff. I need to make a timeline and schedule and start contacting the musicians about availability and stuff. I hope to get some work done this weekend.

One problem that I need to address is that I'm not giving myself completely to the song, man. I mean, when I'm playing and singing my mind wanders and it's kinda like I don't give myself a chance to feel the song. I'm so focused on making a mistake that I fuck up. And that's not good, you know? It's like I have to become less self-aware. Maybe it's a Zen thing or something, I don't know.

But I have been pleased with a lot of the rehearsals, and I'm pleased at my stick-to-it-ive-ness as far as the rehearsing is concerned.

You've been working really hard rehearsing, I'll say that. The few times you've played for me lately, you sound very good. But it does seem like you're nervous at times where I don't see a reason to be nervous. I just want to say "just relax, farmboy" when that happens.

Which is exactly what I need to do, man. I need to trust myself as a musician, and I don't a good amount of the time.

Anyway, that's my current musical challenge, man. Learning to forget myself and let the song take over. Am I being too overdramatic here?

No more than usual.

(laughs) Yeah, well, fuck you, man.

I hate being overdramatic or cliched or -- especially -- pretentious. But we'll discuss that some other time, okay?



No comments:

Post a Comment