Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm a lonesome guy, man


Man, I need to get a life. I am so lonely. I never hardly go out anymore. I sit at home in my fuckin' mess of an apartment smoking weed and surfing the internet. I gotta have friends, I gotta play music in front of people.

I'm not going to argue with you, farmboy. I agree with you. You've been working hard on the CD and that's a pretty solitary existence.

Well, it has to be. Or at least the way that I make CDs.

But, yeah, I gotta get out in the world. I've become so anxious all the time, so fearful. I gotta get some help, man, a counselor or something.

Weren't you seeing a counselor, farmboy?

I was. I think he got scared off when the going got tough last summer. He stopped returning my calls. I don't know.

It sure helps to see somebody, though, I tell you, man. If nothing else, you get a little less lonely. Like it helps to talk to you. It helps a lot, man. I can't thank you enough.

You're welcome.

Okay, so the verdict today is that I have to see my friends like I used to. I need to start going to the coffeehouse again. And I need to look into getting some counseling. And did I mention that I'm going into the studio on Saturday?

Your life will get better, farmboy. You're working on it. You're just feeling lonely.

I'm a lonesome guy, man. And I have ambitions in music. I ain't never satisfied, man. That's an old Steve Earle song, by the way.

Everything is a song to you.

Yeah, well, that's why I live the life I live. I don't know no other way, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment