Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lots of little moments


Hey, man, it's December 12! I got stuff to get done! I gotta buy a shitload of meaningless presents that I can't afford to give to people I could care less about! I gotta design handmade holiday cards and put a personalized note in each one! I gotta bake! I need to carry on my family's tradition of making tamales! I gotta learn a bunch of Christmas music! And what about Hanukkah and Kwanzaa? What about Festivus, for God's sake?

You are putting me on, aren't you, farmboy?

Well, yeah. 

I gotta tell you, though, I really love Christmas. I love the nativity scenes and the lights and the choral music. I love to fuckin' hear Nat King Cole and Dean Martin. And I do love Christmas tamales.

So you're looking forward to this Christmas?

Yeah. I am. But it's not this frantic running around thing, you know. It's calmer, it's quieter and it's probably made up of lots of little moments.

Sounds nice, farmboy.

It is. I spend it at my brother's place. You're invited for tamales, by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment