Thursday, December 19, 2013

my annual Christmas nap


I used to hang tinsel on trees
send cards and make wreathes
but now I say
it's all crap
now I have no ambition
my yuletide tradition
is my annual Christmas nap

little kids dream of Santa
up at the north pole
sing like Nat King Cole
I say
enough of that
folks, it's been a ball
but the best fun of all
is my annual Christmas nap

          give me clean sheets
          and a pillow for my head
          and all the time that's allowed
          I mean, nothing beats
          sleep in your own bed
          I'm in the holiday spirit now!

so farewell my friends
time to hit the hay
every gift has been unwrapped
except the best gift of all
in my room down the hall
is my annual Christmas nap
and if you're feeling lonely
you're welcome to join me
in my annual Christmas nap


No comments:

Post a Comment