Thursday, December 26, 2013

My own selfish education


So I just saw this show on Netflix, this Mike Birbiglia guy. It's called "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend." Man, it was amazing! I want to watch it again, so I can see how the story was constructed. 

Aren't you going to go see him, farmboy?

Next month. I'm really looking forward to it. See, his stuff…it's inspiring, makes me want to work at what I do with songwriting, you know? 

That sounds like a good thing.

Ah, yeah, it's me taking stuff from a talented guy for my own selfish education. I love it when that happens. I like being inspired. I like seeing or hearing or reading something that makes me think "See? There's something else that can be done." I like it when my own self-given boundaries are suddenly moved.

I look forward to hearing these new songs, when they're written.

Oh, man, from your lips to God's ears, you know? I want to hear new songs myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment