Thursday, December 5, 2013

So I'm going


So guess what I did?

You ran the New York Marathon? You dreamed of Africa? You walked to the market and back home again? You felt like a seed on the wind? You swam…

What the fuck are you talking about?

I don't know, farmboy. What did you do?

Now I don't want to tell you.

Please, farmboy? I really do want to know.

So I bought a ticket to see this comedian whose work I really love. His name is Mike Birbiglia, and he's kind of a storyteller in a way. He's on This American Life sometimes.

Can I ask how much it cost?

$32.50. Well, plus fees, but I ain't gonna talk about that. This is something I know that I would regret if I didn't go. So I'm going. I never go fuckin' anywhere and I've been working a lot. This is my Christmas present to myself.

Well, then, merry Christmas!

Thanks. You too, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment