Saturday, August 6, 2016

How I spent spring break 12: What I missed


What I missed most this spring while I was in the hospital and rehab:

  • Grocery shopping. Walking up and down the aisles, considering trying new items at Trader Joe's, poking around the produce department (which I prefer to actually eating produce), looking at nutrition labels, all that stuff. I tell you, spend one summer with no money for groceries, your tastes change.
  • Smoking weed. I did brownies a few times, and it was great. But what I would have given for the opportunity to sit outside and smoke a bowl. 
  • Being outside. Feeling the wind blow. Rain. Sun. Cold. Heat. You know, all that stuff. 
  • Good coffee. Which, to be honest, I did get a number of times because I would finagle someone to bring me some when they visited.
  • Good Mexican food. Even though the homemade chili at the first rehab place was absolutely amazing.
  • My iPod, which were in the pocket of pair of old blue jeans that I wore before the accident occurred.
  • Control of many, many things. Mostly my legs and my dignity.
  • Did I mention weed?


No comments:

Post a Comment