Monday, August 22, 2016

How I spent spring break 13: Nothing fuckin' works


So, farmboy, what about that article you're writing?

I'm still working on it...or at least I'm working on getting my thoughts down. I think doing that is important. There's lots of stuff I need to, uh, explore. 

Of course, now my life is shit and I'm putting out fires. Hey, did I tell you my insurance won't cover my therapy and so now I have to go to another person even though we're been doing great work?

Oh, farmboy, I'm sorry.

Yeah, well, I should have expected it. I wish I had known that last session was the last session. Man, I just don't fuckin' know.

Are you going to look for another therapist?

Oh, I'm sure I will because I really, really need to talk to a professional. (farmboy falls silent for a moment)  Fuck, man. Nothing fuckin' works. 

But getting back to the article: I'll keep writing it. Or taking down notes or something. 'Cause, man, I need some proof about this year. If all this shit would just stop, maybe I could get somewhere.

Has anything else happened?

My fuckin' employer has given me trouble. They made this mistake or something where I didn't have insurance for three months. I still haven't got any disability money and it's been fuckin' six months. Now, I'm to blame for part of that, but that doesn't let them off the hook.

And then there's the whole emotional thing that's been happening. Man, this is like the worst fuckin' time to change therapists. Fuck, man. 

But I gotta get this shit down, you know. I need evidence to prove that all this stuff during the last six months has really happened.

Whether it becomes an article or not is anybody's guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment