Wednesday, August 10, 2016

phone call


hey
it's me
I didn't expect you'd be home
I hope that you're not busy
as for me, I'm all alone
and I have been since Tuesday
just my apartment and me
with a pipe in the bathroom
and a quarter ounce of weed
but it's not just marijuana 
that I need

I hope it's okay
if you've got something else to do
I can call another day
at a time that's best for you
I know you must be tired
the work day's at an end
I guess I never learned 
how to reach out for a friend
I guess I can't believe
that I have any friends

so I need someone to talk to
somebody kind
'cause the only sounds I'm hearing 
are the voices in my mind
and they're telling me that I'm
not like everybody else
man, when I get like this
I just can't stand myself
I can't understand myself

so I guess I'll let you go
thank you for your time
what's that?
no, I'm okay, man
really, I'm just fine
it's just sometimes I get this way
and I don't know what to do
and I guess I needed a friend
and somehow I called you
look, I don't know what to do

look, I'm gonna be back
to my old self again
I guess I never learned
how to reach out for a friend
I guess I never learned
how to reach out for a friend


No comments:

Post a Comment