Tuesday, September 17, 2019

gentleman of the canyon


I wanted to live in the canyon
where the beautiful people dwell
surrounded by profits and privilege
goddamn them all to hell
if you won't allow me in
then I'll allow myself
a gentleman of the canyon
despite my lack of wealth

I wanted to live with the chosen
and do whatever they'd do
sooner or later, someone would notice
that I am chosen too
and if you do not choose me
then I will do my duty
a gentleman of the canyon
your insults will go right through me

I wanted to live where I belong
and I belong right here
you are right to feel unsafe
because I am standing near
I have my weapons
my followers
will do the work for me
a gentleman of the canyon
will see what he needs to see

I know the properties
where I must make my stand
I know it like I know the rifles
in my comrade's hands
come sunrise in this city
there'll be less of you
a gentleman of the canyon
must do what he must do


No comments:

Post a Comment