Sunday, September 1, 2019

I'm already bored


It's Sunday and I just got back from my walk. Now I have nothing planned for the rest of the day, except writing and playing music and meditating. I'm already bored.

Bored? farmboy, you've got music, you've got stuff to watch on TV, you've got books, it's sunny outside and not too warm. How can you be bored?

Okay, I guess what I am is bored and lonely. Seems like all I ever do is do things by myself. At least I got to see my brother and his family last night. We ate in the back yard, which means I got to spend some time outdoors.

I guess I'll probably smoke weed later and play guitar and stuff, but, really, I wish I could go someplace like a songwriting retreat or something where I could have both time to be creative and time to spend with people who have the same interests as me. But being here in my apartment, as much as I'm thankful for my apartment -- well, it's so fuckin' boring that I can barely stand it.

You could go somewhere, you know.

Yeah, but where? I'm real tempted to go out and get some Thai food for supper, but we'll see. I have food here at home and I'm trying not to spend much money. Not to mention the fuckin' carbs from the rice noodles.

I do have rice noodles here, and leftover chicken, and some vegetables. Maybe I'll just cook at home.

How about going to the movies or something like that?

I don't know. Maybe. I should check to see what's playing. Maybe I'll just end up listening to the new Taylor Swift album again. It's pretty fun.

Well, farmboy, whatever you do, I hope you have a good time doing it.

I hope so, too. I mainly don't want to be depressed out of boredom, but sometimes that happens. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment