Wednesday, September 11, 2019

people I used to know (rewrite 2)


I don't like photographs
from the past
I find them in drawers
filled with odds and ends
there they are again
with places I've gone to
and strangers who once were friends
I wonder where they go
I miss them so
the people I used to know

I don't know where they've gone
friends move on
disappearing but not 
from memory
I can't believe
someone I don't know
took them away from me
maybe I've been outgrown
where did they go
the people I used to know

           do you remember me?
          I was someone
          you cared about
          do you remember me
          I'm the one
          you learned to live without

I don't like memories
they betray me
they want me to believe
what isn't true
what can I do
but remember all of the lies
that came from you
you had to let me go
you told me so
and now that we're through
what can I do
you turned into
one of the people who I used to know
the people I used to know


No comments:

Post a Comment