Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Everything is conspiring to piss me off


Oh, man. I have been so fuckin' stressed, it ain't even funny. But I'm calmed down a bit now. Fuck. I hate how I get.

What's up, farmboy? What's got you all worked up?

Little things, mainly, and that's what I have to remember. There's this big folk festival in town and I'm not involved in any way and that pisses me off. I'm just not enough of a fuckin' hipster to be a folksinger, I guess.

That sucks. But, look, you're a songwriter not a folksinger.

I mainly mean folk is my style. I think to most people, folk mainly means you play acoustically. And that's really where most of my roots lie.

And, of course, there's money problems and creative problems...

Writer's block?

I'm not sure I believe in writer's block. It;s just been kinda difficult. It's frustrating, but I just have to not give it any more power than it already has. Because I will write. I know this. And, in a way, it'll save my life like it always has before.

What else is hard, farmboy?

Little things, like I said. I'm at my brother's house. His printer's out of ink. My printer just fuckin' sucks, it's one of those Epsom printers that's cheap and flimsy. I just fuckin' put ink in it, but does it work? Fuck no. And I have this form that I'm tryin' to print out for this grant thing.

And I've been trying to get directions to this gig, and it's in this hard-to-reach location, of course.

Everything is conspiring to piss me off. But, like I say, I'm calmed down quite a bit. The fuckin' heat wave is finally over, and I have nothing planned for tomorrow, no gigs, no business, nothing. I'm thinking about ordering some take out Thai food and smokin' weed tonight and playing guitar and maybe do some writing. We'll see. I'll have to figure out if I can justify getting some Thai food.

What would you order?

Pad See Eu. With beef. I had no meat yesterday, so I can afford to eat beef, nutritionally speaking.

Sounds good.

It's my favorite food. Well, that and avocados and oranges.

Pretty healthy...

Well, there's also potato chips and macaroni and cheese and buttermilk donuts and French fries and anything with chocolate...

You're making me hungry.

But that's all after the gig tonight. The Thai food, that is. Not the rest of it.

Hey, this is off the subject, but I wanted to apologize for nor calling sooner. I've been at my brother's house to escape the heat, and that was good.

No problem. I figured as such.

Thanks.

Have fun tonight, farmboy.

Oh, I will. I haven't smoked weed for a little while, and it'll be good to get home.

Have fun at the gig.

I will.

I glad you're calmed down.

Dude. You and me both, pal.



No comments:

Post a Comment