Monday, August 23, 2010

Invisibility vs. Flight


Hey, farmboy, what's going on?

Let.s not talk about that.

Let's talk about something else. Because what I do, over and over and over, is just tell you about my day. I don't know what else to talk about, offhand, but I just don't want to talk about my fuckin' day, you know.

Fine with me.

Ask me anything.

Okay. If you could have a superpower, would in be a) the ability to be invisible, or b) the ability to fly?

I heard this once. It was on This American Life. John Hodgman, I think. Invisibility vs. Flight.

Exactly. Which would you choose, farmboy?

Flight. No contest.

I just want to fly for the physicality of it. Just to see what it feels like. I bet it would feel bitchin', you know. It would just be natural, you wouldn't be afraid. Can you imagine? I mean, I have problems driving over fuckin' bridges, for God's sake.

And invisibility?

Sometimes I feel like I've always been invisible.



No comments:

Post a Comment