Thursday, August 26, 2010

Raw material


Okay, go ahead. Start me off.

Not so fast. Start you off with what?

Like we did yesterday, you know, with the writing.,,

You liked that, did you?

I did. And I know I can do this on my own, but it's more fun this way.

All right, then. Ready?

Ready.

3...2...1...Start!

This is the cracking in my voice
These are the wrinkles on my skin
This is the sound of one heart breaking
Like a thrown out piece of porcelain
These are the tears of one soul trying
This is the mouth that too often swears
This is my
Imperfect prayer

Very nice, farmboy, Really nice, in fact. That's very good.

Thanks. I really think this is good for me...and maybe I should do this on my own, too. It's sure interesting. I think part of the purpose I'm looking at is to see what raw material I can get to work with. The main other thing is the craft thing, the practice thing, y'know? Malcolm Gladwell wrote that book Outliers about that kind of thing, spending hours and hours and hours. I heard this great interview with him on that podcast Radiolab and he talked about the ingredient of love of what you're doing. (laughs) I'm not explaining this fuckin' thing very well, am I?

You're doing fine, farmboy.

Thanks.

Anyway, thanks for doing this with me. It's good not to be lonely all the time. I 'preciate it, man.

Any time. I like this.

Me too.



No comments:

Post a Comment