Sunday, August 29, 2010

Too beautiful to live


Oh, man. Right now I'm having anxiety, you know, I'm just in fuckin' panic...

Breathe, farmboy. Take a deep breath and hold it for a little while, then exhale slowly.

(farmboy breathes, holds, and exhales twice, then decides to do it again, five times.)

How was that?

It was good. Thanks.

What brought this on, farmboy?

Oh, you know, school's starting the day after tomorrow, and there's gonna be big changes. And the thing is, I know everything's gonna be fine. I know this. But I'm still having this fuckin' anxiety. And then I really have to watch it, because I'm in such a negative space and I can do terrible things, mentally speaking, to myself.

Such as?

I'll start thinking about things that are destructive to think about. You know, like death and meaninglessness,,,wait, that can't be a word...Anyway, it, like, totally sucks. And, more than that, it's worthless.

Can I make a suggestion?

Yeah, please.

Maybe try this: Acknowledge that the anxiety's there, take medication if you feel you need to, and then move on to relaxing things, entertaining things.

Like listening to something interesting and entertaining, maybe that TBTL with Luke Burbank show.

TBTL?

Too beautiful to live. It's this great show with Luke, the host. And sometimes there's Jen and Sean. The podcast is done at his house. It used to be on the radio. but the station it was on fucked up and fired Luke and his producer Jen (They kept engineer Sean). So now it's a podcast and it's getting a better audience and it's a much better show, because they're free from the constraints of commercial radio.

Sounds good. Sounds like you're into it.

I guess I'll listen to it.

Good times!

Thanks, pal.



No comments:

Post a Comment