Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm a pretty blessed guy, y'know?


Hot enough for you? Summer's here with a vengeance. Or close to it; 95 degrees is hot enough for me.

I suppose it's time for it; it's been an incredibly mild summer. And, I know, there's not much hot weather here compared to Austin, Texas, where I lived for 11 years. But, on the other hand, every place in Austin has air-conditioning, including the apartments I lived in. But I only have one window where I could conceivably put a window unit, and I love sleeping with the window open during the summer
.
It was 100 degrees a few weeks ago...

Yeah, but fortunately I was housesitting...

That's right, I remember now. A dog, a piano, and air conditioning.

Fuckin' A, y'know. It was great living in air conditioning for a few days.

So I'm thinking about going to my brother's house for a few days. I can sleep in the basement -- it's cooler there. My niece would enjoy it; she's been wondering when I can do a sleepover at their house.

She likes to wake me up in the morning. Maybe we can go to the movies. Some place with air conditioning.

What would you do at your brother's place?

Probably spend a lot of time outside. I need to remember to bring my guitar and my book and my trusty iPod. I've got to download some podcasts and maybe some music.

Listen to me complain...I'm a pretty blessed guy, y'know? It's hot, but I've got family and a book and a guitar and music and shit. So I guess I'm going to go there.

Unless the weather changes and it suddenly becomes cooler.

And I sure as fuck ain't betting on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment