Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tomorrow is a day among humans


Hey, it's me.

Hey, what's up?

Just tryin' to keep cool, man. 99 degrees today, so I'm doing all I can. Wasn't too bad last night. Today really hasn't been so bad. I think part of the trick is to keep moving. The hardest thing for me to do in the heat is sleep, 'cause you just lay there and sweat. Like a fuckin' beached whale.

Do beached whales sweat?

Good question. Work on that, will you?

I thought you were going to stay at your brother's house, farmboy.

I was going to, but I changed my mind. Tomorrow night for sure.

So today hasn't been a bad day. I've been spending way too much time on the internet. I've discovered this website called Reddit, which is kinda like , you know, message boards on everything. You can waste the whole day on Reddit.

Do you enjoy it?

Yeah. But it's like there's more to life than just looking at the internet. It's good for me to get out tomorrow and see my brother and his wife and my niece.

Being that this is your "summer of being human" and all...

Tomorrow is a day among humans.

Good for you, farmboy.

Thanks.

I like how you're not giving up on this summer. I like how you haven't gone terribly deeply into depression or sadness...

Or self pity...

Now if I could just write one good song for this summer...

You've got a little over two weeks.

And I intend to use it.



No comments:

Post a Comment