Friday, August 20, 2010

The very first pizza


Beer! I'm a-drinkin' beer!

Whoa. That's really unusual. For you.

I know. We'll see just how many of these beers I drink. I'm not terribly worried. This is good, though -- it's, like, cheap beer from Mexico that's sold at Trader Joe's. It's really very good.

Right now, in the oven, is the very first pizza I've ever made, by the way.

Seriously?

Yeah, can you fuckin' believe it? It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I bought the dough at Trader Joe's, too. I like Trader Joe's.

What about music, farmboy?

I played for the kids at one of the local hospitals. It was great, very intimate. I went from room-to-room. It went very well.

And I wrote most of what will be the first draft for a new song. I don't know how I feel about it -- I haven't gone back over it since I wrote it. It does feel good to write, though.

That's great, farmboy. You sound pretty -- well, "even."

That's what I'm focusing on, anyway. I've felt a little down today, a little fearful...of nothing in particular. But, look, I'm fine. I'm not panicking, not me, no sir-ree-bob...

Are you being serious?

Oh, I've been a little panicky lately. But, you know, I do breathe. (laughs) I kinda think that I'm beginning to sabotage myself these days a little. Kinda like "Look, you're getting close to being professional now -- let's see how you fuck up. Go on, try not to, farmboy. I dare you. Try not to fuck it up."

That sucks.

Tell me about it. That's why I'm electing to ignore it.

Makes sense to me.

Yep. I got me a guitar, a computer, I got beer...

You got homemade handmade pizza.

Hey, man -- I got rhythm. Who could ask for anything more?



No comments:

Post a Comment