Saturday, August 28, 2010

Writing these here songs


Man, it's like fuckin' pulling teeth, this songwriting stuff. Sometimes it's just so fuckin' hard. It's such a fuckin' drag, you know? I mean, writing these here songs...

Yeah, yeah. Blah, blah, blah.

What the fuck's up with you, Mr. Interviewer guy?

Look, farmboy, let's just get down to what will happen, which is that you're going to do some timed writing. Okay, let's start...3...2...

Wait!

What?

Um...sorry, go ahead.

All right now. Begin.

All the worrying that I do
Thinking nightmares are the only dreams
That ever come true
Looking back on my history
You have always taken care of me

These are my lonesome eyes
Hunting for some kind of truth
Hoping to realize
Wanting some kind of proof
I look into this human heart
and always find you there
This is my
Imperfect prayer
This is my
Imperfect prayer

Amen

Wow. That was pretty fast. I really like it, farmboy.

Thanks. But this is just the raw material, you know? Now I need to look at this and the other stuff I've written for this song this week and see what I think about it. 'Cause right now I'm just following my instincts and not to think about it too much. And we'll see...If I decide to pursue writing this song. then the work had just begun.

You know, I'm proud of you, farmboy.

Why?

What do you think?

Because I stopped complaining and wrote something?

You go back to writing, always, at one point or another. This time you did it sooner than later, though.

Yeah. Thanks.

Are you proud of yourself?

If not, I should be, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment