Sunday, December 4, 2011

Many cans of worms


Aw, man, I am so fuckin' depressed.

Why, farmboy?

Because I have to go to work in the morning. How many years do I have to do this before I accept and get used to this Sunday night/Monday morning shit? Damn it.

Okay, enough of that. I just thought I'd express it and now it's time to move on.

I've noticed that I've been getting really into listening to these podcasts with people like Marc Maron and Riki Lindhome that are, like, in-depth interviews with performers about their real lives as people in the performing business. I'm thinking I'm gonna take it as kind of an omen that I'm gonna start performing more.

I need to, you know. Perform, that is. That's how I'm gonna get these songs heard. And I perform so seldom now that I'm, like, severely anxious and nervous and my hands get numb and my memory goes...I gotta get past all that shit. And performing's the way that's gonna happen.

Plus I need to earn more money. Even if it's just for tips, that's okay.

You've been thinking a lot about tour musical life, haven't you?

Yeah. The CD project is opening up many cans of worms. I'm thinking that maybe I want to change my life.

It seems to me like you want to continue on the journey you've been taking, farmboy.

Yeah, that's probably it. There's gotta be some way that I can express that is farmboy-terms, you know...

Less self-help sounding...

Yeah. Less new agey. I've been thinking I'd like to use humor more. Not necessarily novelty songs, but songs with humor in them. I mean, there's a lot of humor in life. Life is really funny sometimes.

But, yeah, you're right. I really hope I'm getting closer.



No comments:

Post a Comment