Saturday, December 17, 2011

Top ten favorite recordings of 2011


Okay, farmboy, it's that time of year where you get to share your top albums of the year.

This is always fun, but, man, this year I just couldn't afford to buy many CDs so I'm changing this to my top ten favorite recordings of 2011.

Fine with me.

Well, here goes:

1. The Harrow & the Harvest by Gillian Welch. Hands down the best album I've heard this year.

2. Bad as Me by Tom Waits.

3. "Helplessness Blues" by Fleet Foxes (track)

4. The Year of Hibernation by Youth Lagoon

5. The King is Dead by the Decemberists

6. Kiss Each Other Clean by Iron and Wine

7. KMAG YOYO by Hayes Carll

8. Bon Iver by Bon Iver

9. The Whole Love by Wilco

10. "Rewrite" by Paul Simon (track)

Man, there is just so much out there that I'm just not familiar with. It's so fuckin' sad. There's a lot of good music out there, man.

That's for sure, farmboy. It might not be so hard next year, though.

And why's that?

Your CD will have been released...

Now you're talking, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment