Thursday, December 29, 2011

Second nature


Hey, man, how's it going?

Good. And you?

I'm good. Man, I tell you what, this CD making is a lot of hard fuckin' work. I just wasn't in much of a mood to practice and...

Wait, farmboy. Before you go on, I need to know if you did practice.

Um, yeah, I practiced. But I just really didn't feel...

Congratulations, farmboy. You did something you didn't want to do because you knew that there would be benefits down the road. You're a lot better at self-discipline than you think.

Yeah, if it's something I care about. Like making a CD.

It's funny, you know. It's kinda like second nature for me to work hard when I want something badly enough. Or...that sounds weird, man, let me rephrase that. I don't know how not to work hard when it's making a CD. I would love to apply that to other things in my life, you know, getting in good physical shape, maybe learning Spanish, that kind of thing. But I don't know how to do that. Yet, that is. I fully intend to take advantage of that intensity.

I'm feeling the songs getting stronger, performance-wise, and that's because of the almost-daily rehearsing.

That's important.

You bet it is. I gotta be confident, I gotta be smart when making this album.

This is gonna take a lot of work, but, fuck it, man, I'm up for it.

That's the attitude, farmboy.

I'm just gonna relax and watch myself work my ass off, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment