Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The saddest fuckin' thing ever


Today I spent money. I bought Christmas presents, which I wasn't even planning on doing. I finally bought some real groceries, too.

Whatever you're cooking smells good, farmboy.

Thanks. You should stay and have supper, man.

It's just soup, one of those 16-bean soups, you know? You can get the beans at any store, but I like Trader Joe's. They have some good stuff. I put a bunch of vegetables in it, 'cause I haven't been eating enough vegetables.

Boy, this conversation's really stimulating, isn't it?

You haven't brought up the recent shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, I've noticed.

I'm...avoiding it at times. I mean, it's a...it's the saddest fuckin' thing ever, man, and I think about it. And I am fascinated...I'm not sure that's the right word. Maybe I find it interesting. That word doesn't work either. Fuck. All I know is that I want to read about it and discuss it and all that stuff, but, fuck, there's fuckin' little kids involved and, man, this is just too fuckin' tragic.

So it's affected me -- like it's affected everybody else. This isn't just another tragedy because they're kids, man.

Can we change the subject? Ready for some soup?

Sounds good to me, farmboy.

It's hot soup, man. It's good for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment