Sunday, December 30, 2012

Things leaving


Man, I tell you, time is just fuckin' flying.

Don't you have two full days to go, farmboy?

Uh...yeah...

Aren't you complaining just a little bit early?

I guess I tend to do that. I'm kinda used to things leaving before I'm ready for them to. Even though some things -- hard times, financial struggles, loneliness -- never seem to leave.

True. Some things are a constant.

A constant what? Are you sure you have your verb/noun agreement correct?

That's our farmboy. Always with the craft of writing in mind.

What's this "our" stuff? Did you bring an imaginary friend or a ghost or someone?

You seem to be in some kind of mood today.

I'm just playing with you, man. If you had any hair, I'd tousle it.

No you wouldn't. You don't touch people very much physically, farmboy.

True. I'm reserved, man. I'm shy. I'm a fuckin' introvert.

I sure like being touched, though. I like affection, you know. And yet I'm like a solitary guy and a loner and I'm scared of people.

You know what, man?

What, farmboy?

I'm just rambling, and this conversation's getting a little too honest for me.

And that's bad?

Let's just say I need a fuckin' break from my own fuckin' static, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment