Monday, July 14, 2014

Art is your fate. Don't debate.


So I just took the master CD down to the duplication place to get, well, duplicated. Man, I'm fuckin' shaking, I'm so nervous.

First, farmboy, congratulations! Now, why are you so nervous?

I can hardly believe that I've done this, and I'm taking so many chances -- financial, artistic, and…well, now everybody can judge me.

They judged you before, farmboy, and they liked your music.

I know, but this one…It's like there's the good news and the bad news…

Okay, what are they?

The good news is that the CD sounds like me.

And what's the bad news?

The bad news is that the CD sounds like me.

Which is what people want, farmboy. They like you, they like your music, you'll be fine.

Man, I hope so. This recording stuff -- this is me at my most vulnerable.

You're sharing personal parts of yourself, farmboy. Of course you feel vulnerable. That's what makes you an artist.

Is that what I am? An artist.

You got it.

I got a fortune cookie once in Tehachapi, California. It said "Art is your fate. Don't debate."

That fortune cookie was right.

Oh, man. Now you tell me.

This whole thing…it's like it just happened, like it was meant to. I haven't been questioning it much lately. It's likes something or someone has been guiding me. I've just been going on instinct lately.

You have good instincts, farmboy. I think you just need to trust what's happening, what's guiding you.

Well, that's what I'm fuckin' doing, man. It's too late to turn back now.


No comments:

Post a Comment