Sunday, July 27, 2014

I'm getting there. It better be worth the trip.


I got so much to do and that might be a good thing. I got CDs to assemble, phone calls to make, emails to send, gigs to try to get. I need to make a website and I need to clean up this apartment. I need to eat more fruits and vegetables and I need to buy a watermelon. I like watermelon. I gotta start walking every day, seriously. I need to get my fuckin' life in order, man.

You don't ask for much, do you, farmboy?

Only perfection. That's the only way I'm going to become somebody other than farmboy.

Or maybe you'll get closer to being the real farmboy.

Could be. I've thought of that. I think that's what keeps me going sometimes.

And how's that working out for you?

I'm getting there. It better be worth the trip. That's the name of a book, I know, but I never read it and I don't know who the author is.

You sound like Dr. Phil, by the way, man.

That's a little disconcerting. You know, he's not even a real doctor.

Really? What about Dr. Oz?

You know, I don't even think I've ever watched him.


Me neither. But I've heard the name.

Obviously, since you asked me about him.

Yeah? Well, buck you, fuddy.

So let me know how it goes tomorrow. I'd be interested to see how successful the day is. And I hope it's successful, farmboy.

Me, too. I need more successes. Especially those things that are actions that I have control over. Or something like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment