Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Such a sweetheart


Hey, man.

farmboy! I'm glad you called. I've been thinking about you. How did last night go?

Okay, I guess. It was a little hard because my mind kept fuckin' moving so much. From one thing to another. It was like I was only one half step away from pure panic all night long. Plus, it's hot, and my apartment seems to trap the heat inside at night.

So today's a new day, as people say. I've already played today; I performed for a group of kids with disabilities. There was this one girl. She had one of the most extreme -- I hate to use that word, 'cause it sounds so negative -- um, devices I've ever seen to help her with her arms. Which doesn't mean anything, of course, because you know that they're there for a very good reason. I've worked with people with disabilities to know that they don't put on things like that unless there's a very good reason.

Anyway, here she is, she's wearing this stuff, and I go to talk to her and play guitar. And she gets the most radiant smile of her face. She's feeling so much joy, because of music and the social aspect of it that's going on. And I just wanted to tell you that, because I feel so privileged to be a part of that joy.

Excellent, farmboy. I'm glad you notice when joy is present.

I'm glad, too. She made my day. Such a sweetheart.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to spend a couple of days at my brother's place. I won't be able to do that too much longer because they're moving to Yakima, Washington. And that's got its whole set of emotions, but I can't get into that right now because I've got to get on the road.

Listen, farmboy, you take care of yourself, hear? Call if you need to talk.

I will, man. Thanks for everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment