Friday, July 25, 2014

step W


one foot 
in front of the other
in  math
one is followed by two
but I don't like
step A to step B
no, I want to go 
to step W
I don't like 
this doing the work
I just want praise
and awards
and I don't like this
looking for treasure
no, all I want
is the reward

so I look for short cuts
an easy way out
that's what my life's
been all about
I'm looking for something
I don't have a clue
but I know it's there 
at step W

some misguided people
they tell me I'm lazy
they say I lack ambition
they say I'm just crazy
but I don't see why
I should waste my time
when I know fame and fortune
should just be mine

I don't understand
why my life is so hard
why everyday problems
always catch me off guard
don't try to instruct me
I know what to do
and I know it's all there 
at step W


No comments:

Post a Comment