Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The moon and stars and all that fuckin' shit


So here's an idea for a song. It's a love song.

Really, farmboy? You don't write many of those.

Well, it's not written yet. I just have this idea.

That's unusual. You usually don't talk about your ideas. 

That's because once you talk about songs before you write them you've already expressed everything you need to express. So that's why I don't talk about them.

But this one...

This song is a love song, see, and it's gonna be really fuckin' sweet and nice until the hook.

Which is...?

Wait just a minute, man. See, in the song I sing all about how much I love this girl, how she means so much to me, the moon and stars and all that fuckin' shit, and then every verse ends with...

I can't wait! What is it?

"I would kill for you." And then every verse would just get gorier and gorier and, you know, heads would be blown up and limbs flying everywhere and lots and lots of guns and blood. I just want it to get more and more violent. I want to be the Quintin Tarentino of folk music.

So what do you think, man?

You want the truth, farmboy?

Of course.

I can see why you're talking about it.

That's what I thought you'd say. You need to support the arts more, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment