Sunday, August 21, 2022

family waiting


I crossed the wild desert
where water is scarce
to start a new life
in the U.S. of A
I paid a man to take me
over the border
I prayed to the Lord
to show me the way

           I had family waiting
           my brother, his wife, and his kids
           but I never got to them
           I wish that I did

my body is failing
the water is gone
I see the vultures 
they fly overhead
waiting their turn
to pick at  my carcass
it's just a matter of time
until I am dead

          I had family waiting
          in the land of the free
          how could I have known
          it wasn't meant for me

my brother is waiting
he's at the front door
sure as the ground
he's walking upon
he doesn't know
the end of my journey
he doesn't know
that I am gone

          I had family waiting
          in Houston today
          maybe they'll discover
          that I've gone away


No comments:

Post a Comment