Monday, August 29, 2022

sorry for myself


I could feel sorry for myself
I could think of lots of reasons
but right now I can't be bothered
because time is running out
there is only so much time
months and years and seasons
and I don't want to waste it
that's not what my life is all about

if I wanted to be depressed
like I did in childhood days
I could give you answers
to questions you never asked
but time is moving swiftly
and I'm changing my old ways
because I don't want to waste it
I believe I'm up to the task

          I know that I have problems
          in my head I'm keeping score
          maybe I can't solve them
          but I know there's something more

if I wanted to be miserable
I could do it in a minute
there are disagreements in my brain
that love to be center stage
but I don't have the time now
I won't let myself be in it
this is what will happen
when you reach a certain age

          I know that I have issues
          and my worries never end
          but I'm clear out of tissues
          and I don't need that again

I could feel sorry for myself
but I don't have the time now
the seconds are ticking
the sun is going down
I'm trying to be grateful
I know my life is mine now
and I will take advantage
while I'm still around


No comments:

Post a Comment