Sunday, August 14, 2022

I don't matter anymore


wherever I am
whatever I do
I cannot get
over you
because I don't matter anymore
wherever you're at
whatever you see
I know that it doesn't
include me
I don't matter anymore

          the steps I take
          the plans I make
          all add up
          to one big mistake
          and I'm put back
          where I was before
          I guess I don't matter anymore

do you remember
I don't think that you do
I was the one
who would pull you through
but I don't matter anymore
there in the past
that's where I stay
guess I'm not crossing
your mind today
I don't matter anymore

          the hopes I had
          have gone away
          they won't live
          another day
          I'm losing now
          if you're keeping score
          I guess I don't matter anymore

if you look for me
I will not be here
somewhere inside your heart
I have disappeared
I don't matter anymore
if by chance
you think of me
remember how
I set you free
there's nothing left to explore
I guess I don't matter anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment