Tuesday, August 2, 2022

my messy life


I have a messy life
just look at my apartment
the carpet needs a vacuum
the dishes must be done
and just like my apartment
my brain could use some cleaning
interruptions and excuses
trouble I can't outrun

in my messy mind
I am taking out the garbage
but no matter how I work
there's still more left to do
stolen conversations
and promises left broken
memories unwanted
and lies I thought were true

          back up the dump truck
          and let me fill it up
          it's damn near overflowing
          filled with more than just enough

in my messy life 
I have the best intentions
I know how to change my fate
and stop my worried mind
I'll take every example
of my brain's unwanted knowledge
push it to the sidelines
and leave it far behind

but that just won't work for me
my head keeps on working
planning my escape
from my messy mental home
but still I keep on trying
blind faith and meditation
more antidepressants 
old tricks I've never known

in my messy life
you'll see me here tomorrow
cleaning out the cobwebs
washing every window pane
saying someday it will be neater
until tomorrow happens
when I start to clean my messy life
and find it's still the same


No comments:

Post a Comment