Sunday, August 7, 2022

I made a mistake


I made a mistake
and it wasn't a big one
but I can't forget about it
as hard as I try
I keep hitting my head
with a make-believe hammer
but that mistake won't let me
leave or pass by

I try to focus my mind
on some other project
like washing the dishes
or writing a song
but my mistake
won't let me forget it
it represents all
I have ever done wrong

          before my brain
          goes completely insane
          let me think about something else
          I need it to change
          but the mistake still remains
          I can't get it out of myself

I made a mistake
but it won't be the last one
I know there are plenty
to look forward to
I hope I take each one
and quickly forget it
I don't need its whining
when my mistake is through


No comments:

Post a Comment