Thursday, August 11, 2022

safe and sound


what would happen if I took the day off
call in sick to work
stayed in bed with pillows under my head
would I be considered a jerk
drink hot coffee
surf the internet
not thinking about anything
I'd like to forget
I'm sure something can happen
but it hasn't happened yet
I'm safe and sound

what would happen if I refused to work
would I be a welfare case
all those days with nothing to say
I would like them all erased
I think about the things
that I could get done
with no deadline ahead
I could be number one
if there are worries
I can't think of one
I'm safe and sound

what would happen if life was good
would it be bad for my writing
or would it be great to appreciate
a life that is fun and exciting
all of my problems
I'd put on the shelf
or I'd give them away
to somebody else
there's no one I'd rather be
than myself
I'm safe and sound


No comments:

Post a Comment