Monday, August 8, 2022

very same thing


today's a day
like the day before
and the day before that
and the day before that
I wake up in the morning
I feel anxiety coming
shivering and humming
like I don't know where I'm at
but I do
I'm someplace that I was before
and I don't have the strength to ignore

everyday
I do the very same thing
very same thing
it's always the same
I go to my job
and punch in my time card
it shouldn't be too hard
but today it is
it's just like it was before
I can't take it anymore

          help me to change this life
          I can't go through this again
          help me to make it right
          this time I can't go in

one more time
doing it over
doing it over
doing it over once more
I need a change
this isn't working
and I don't think my way
is worth working for
today is bad
tomorrow will be the same
I'm asking
who's to blame


No comments:

Post a Comment