Friday, August 5, 2022

young again


I wish I was young again
I would not make 
the same mistakes
I would have the courage
to change my life
until I make it right
I would treat each sunrise
as if it were a time of peace
I would treat every midnight
as a time of release
into my dreams
as they come
if I were young

I wish I believed in love
knocking at my door
it never did before
I would have the courage
to make a start
to open my heart
I would treat every person
friendly and kind
without preconceptions
that form in my mind
that's what I'd dream of
if I believed in love

          life is filled with change
          that's all that remains

I wish I was young again
I would not be afraid
of decisions I've made
I would have the courage
to try things that are new
I'd follow it through
I would treat myself
in ways I don't expect
with some compassion
and a little respect
that's what I would do
I'd be my own friend
if I was young again


No comments:

Post a Comment