Friday, August 12, 2022

maps


I look at maps everyday
I open my atlas and wish I could go away
but I can't
I'm stuck
the victim of
bad luck
stuck here in a hospital bed
with places I'd rather be instead
but I have my maps right here
in their world I disappear

within my maps my dreams are held
to live their lives for themselves
they take me places I can't go
in lands that I may never know
I can't move much without pain
but my wanderlust, it still remains
and I have my maps in my hands
in their world I understand

so do what you will for my behalf
I pray this injury will not last
that I might someday see the earth
but let me tell you for what it's worth
this life can be cruel and unkind
but I can travel inside my mind
I have my maps to pull me through
and for right now they'll have to do


No comments:

Post a Comment